We're always looking for talented folks to join our R&D team.
We're a small team of scientists and engineers, focused on developing a new class of electrochemistry systems for decarbonization applications. We're in the early days in the life of our company, so your contributions will have direct impact on our success! Watch our CEO share EDAC Labs in 90 seconds.
Our initial applications are direct air capture of CO2 gas and carbon-negative mining where CO2 is chemically captured by rocks. We have plans to commercialize electrochemical systems for developers doing ocean alkalinity enhancement, direct ocean capture, and enhanced weathering.
- Our Founding Chief Technology Officer, Professor Chao Wang, is the primary developer of our patented technology
- We're supported by R&D grants from ARPA-E and DARPA and $3M in seed funding from Grantham Foundation
- We've landed agreements with Stripe and Shopify via Frontier Carbon Removal Purchases
- Johns Hopkins University and EDAC Labs have signed an exclusive licensing agreement
- EDAC Labs is a proud member of the 2023 Third Derivative First Gigaton Captured Cohort
- Be part of a small team on the startup journey!
- Help shape our product, our direction, processes, and culture!
- See & feel the direct impacts of your work
- Connect with a sense purpose!
- Base Pay supported by transparent pay bands relative to experience not how great of a negotiator who are (or aren't)
- Employee equity intended to make you a stakeholder in our success
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Time To Recharge - 3 weeks paid planned time off (PTO), 6 company holidays, 2 floating holidays, 5 wellbeing days, and 7 remote days per year
- $1500+ Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of path to parenthood (birth, surrogacy, or adoption)
- Team Lunch Tuesday (on us), and kitchen fully-stocked with snacks & drinks
- Semi-annual review and rewards processes, rooted in psychological safety
We are committed to a work environment in which all are treated with respect and dignity. All have the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes. EDAC Labs is committed to the principles of equal employment and specifically prohibits discrimination. The company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws. EDAC Labs participates in E-verify - click here to learn more.
We, of course, follow federal and state disability laws and are happy to better enable those with disabilities or differences (aka accommodations), during the application phase, interview process, and employment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how to best enable you in our process.
EDAC Labs' Co-Founder and CEO Jim Lavin walks us through EDAC Labs' 10,000 square foot facility in Beltsville, Maryland.